Thursday, December 2, 2010

ABUSE

Often times throughout our lives we experience many daunting tasks and situations. Some of them because of mistakes that we make, others which have been brought on by others for reasons unknown to us. I myself have experienced this in my life. It came at the hands of someone very close to me. It took years of pain, regret, and fear before I was able to come out of that "abuse" stage of my life. Fortunately for me, I was able to come out of that dark area of my life through the grace of God along with other intervention methods. I write this with the hope that it finds its way into the soul of someone whom may have been abused-sexually, physically, emotionally or whatever the case may be, to greater heights to overcome it. For me personally, I have taken many steps. One of my most recent steps, that took over a year to make technically, but even more time mentally, will be televised on the local community cable access channel; RCTV 15 (Rochester Community Television-Channel 15) on Monday December 6, 2010 at 9:30 pm and again on Wednesday December 8, 2010 at 6:30 pm. My hope is that this meaningful documentary will help someone take the proper steps to overcome their abuse or help someone that maybe going through it. Please, take the time out to recognize, understand, reflect, respect, and listen to that someone who may be having a problem. You never know, you maybe that missing link that will help them overcome the situation. Never be too busy to help. Reach out. You may save someone's life.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I commend you, Keisha. You are brave and you are someone who has faced the giants in her life and have overcome. I praise God, not only for the strength and courage you have to overcome this situation, but for the hope you are giving others with similar experiences. Kudos to you. I admire your strength and I celebrate your healing through the process. Thanks for being a strong role model for others to follow after. Nan