Thursday, March 26, 2015

THE IRONY!


How ironic, the Rochester, NY 911 Deputy Director Stephen Cusenz was suspended for five days for racially insensitive comments on a FB posts of an Irondequoit (a town of Rochester) Police Officer whom's post was inappropriate, insulting and racist to, Mexicans, African Americans and the African Americans people like him LOVE to HATE the most, POTUS and the First Lady. This is so ironic, but no surprise what so ever to me that Rochester's 911 Deputy Director Stephen Cusenz chimed in with his racial comments. Stephen is an alum of Leadership Rochester (lol-Leader) class of 2012, the same time I participated in the program. I remember so specifically the day we came back from Get Grounded Day, exploring different areas of the city of Rochester. During Mr. Cusenz debriefing of his exploration, which was the inner city, he described what he saw as the GHETTO. Now, I know what most people's images, thoughts and expectations of the GHETTO are, but I took this personal. I took it personal because there I was, sitting right there, in the same Leadership class that he was a part of, coming from the same area he had just explored doing exactly what he was doing except I wasn't criticizing the area I explored in a negative way. I discovered his racism back then (I think I'm a pretty good judge of character-doesn't look like I was wrong either) and now everyone else is seeing it. I was so mad but yet inspired by his depiction of what I've know as home, that I decided to make an acronym out of the word G.H.E.T.T.O. (Great  History Emerges Through Though Oppression) and make t-shirts. If you don't believe me check out this link from a year ago.. http://blogvizunz.blogspot.com/2014/02/ghetto.html

 
You see, racism rears its head even when people may not think they are being racist. Those intimate thoughts come to ahead and eventually bursts like a pimple. Yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion and First Amendment Right to free speech, but when we have so called Leaders leading in the city to protect and serve us, whom are racist, the rest of us are screwed. Who do we have to look forward to for help? Why would they want to help us when deep down they don't give a rats @&& what happens to us. Being the 911 Deputy Director is a rather important position. When calls come in to the center what is Mr. Cusenz really instructing his staff to do when the calls come in from the GHETTO?

 What makes matters even worse, I've contacted Leadership Rochester twice about my name not being listed under the alumni section, but guess who is listed, Stephen Cusenz the wonderful racist leader he is (shrugs shoulders-now my name may never be updated, lol).

No comments: